Friday, March 23, 2012

Word on the Street

March 23, 2012

Last week during my message I lifted up 27 common expressions we get from the Bible. The last one, "The Writing's on the Wall" was directly tied to the message from Daniel 5. If you would like to see all 27 CLICK HERE.

After almost every service someone reminded me of an expression that was not in my list of 27. They were great and I thought I would share them here.

Baptism by Fire - Luke 3:16
Double- Edged Sword - Proverbs 5:4, Hebrews 4:12
Forbidden fruit - Gen. 2: 16-17
Nothing new under the sun - Ecc. 1:9
Pride goes before a fall . - Prov. 16:18
Scapegoat. - Lev. 16: 8, 20-22
Turn the other cheek - Matt. 5:38

The best messages are the ones that are finished after we leave church. Thanks for these great additions.

How are you finishing the sermon this week?

With you on Grace Avenue,

Billy Echols-Richter
Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment