Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Because of God's Love - Building More Time

Tuesday March 29, 2011

Today we discuss time. Time is one of our most precious resources.  Last Sunday at church, one service was finishing and another was about to begin.  I looked around as several people from the previous service lingered and were visiting with one another.  A person greeted me, looked around and said:  “when you create a wonderful worship experience, people want to stay and visit about it.  I wish we had more time to visit after the service instead of being rushed out.”  Below I want to address that in today’s New Building DYK. Thanks, BER

 Scripture of Day

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

We are asking everyone to complete the phrase Because of God’s Love…
Responses from our congregation
            I can and desire to love others.

            I am accepted for who I am,  even when the world says differently.
            I have family.
            I am saved

And today a special shout out to our Discipleship Council Chairperson Robin Phillips:

Because of God’s Love…
We have sports!
What will you be today Because of God’s Love…
New Building DYK
Creating two worship venues on our campus not only will improve the quality of our worship, it will allow for more time.  Once built we will be able to expand the schedule so that instead of having services crammed together, currently only a few minutes apart, we will have as much as 25 or 30 minutes between services.  This allows for much greater flexibility and fellowship before and after the services.
Prayer of the Day
God of all, teach me to appreciate the gift of faith.  Help me to understand the value of that gift so that it may guide all my decisions and how I glorify you with the use of time. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment