Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Because of God's Love - Pray Without Ceasing

Wednesday April 27, 2011

The internet has shown us the power of a movement.  When things go viral on the internet everyone, it seems,  is participating, sharing, forwarding, and giving their own twist to the subject at hand.  The early Methodists were involved in a movement more that an organized religion.  The Methodist revival began because they made their spiritual habits contagious.  In today’s New Building DYK we discuss the potential of prayer going viral in this campaign. Thanks, BER

Scripture of Day
II Chronicles 7: 14-16
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.  I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

We are asking everyone to complete the phrase Because of God’s Love…
Responses from our congregation
I am saved by Christ's mercy and able to live my life at peace.

I take courage in God.

I am blessed with a life full of love and respect.

I love who I have become.

And today’s special BGL…:
Because of God’s Love…
I have faith by the grace of God - I'm here and sane.

What will you be today Because of God’s Love…

New Building DYK
1.      1 Thessalonians 5:17 reminds us that we should “Pray without ceasing”.
2.      This Thursday – Saturday April 28-30 we will be having a prayer vigil at Grace Avenue to pray specifically for our Capital Campaign.
3.      The prayer vigil will be a prayer path where one goes from station to station following specifics experiences of prayer.
4.      The entire path takes about 45 minutes.
5.      Times are available Thursday 2:00 – 9:00 pm. Friday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm. Saturday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm.
6.      To sign up please email Laura at laura@graceavenue.org.

BOTTOM LINE:   Now is the time for our prayer commitment to go viral
Prayer of the Day
Gracious God,  we stand in the need of prayer.  We are thankful that you hear our praises and petitions.  May we learn the value of living a life of prayer. AMEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment